Report Design Considerations
• Fields will be displayed left to right in the report as they appear top to bottom in the selection list.
• The report will automatically adjust to landscape mode when appropriate.
• When the width of all fields exceeds landscape width, the report will attempt the "best fit" within landscape. Notification will occur when this condition exists.
Totals and Averages
• Any numeric field may be set to total or to average.
• Totals will appear (for the selected columns) at the end of the report and are optionally available in the group footing options.
• Custom sorting on large databases may be very time consuming. For the fastest results, use a predefined sort option.
• Select sort options that allow for the appropriate grouping, totals and summary reports.
Grouping options can play a significant role in the overall appearance of the report.
The following grouping options manifest in a report as follows;
• Place totals in either group footing to create report subtotals for each group.
• Omit report detail to produce summary reports based on group the group footing subtotal and label.
• Place group labels in the 2nd level but not the first level and both (1st and 2nd level) labels will print on the summary row.